New release 2.1 is delivered.
- First important change is that TeamPass is now distributed through GPL Affero 3 license. Click Here to read the full license.
- The user can now select his own language and store it in database. So that this selection is now not depending on cookies.
- For each Roles, it is now possible to define a level of complexity for the passwords used by the users.
- Old passwords are now encrypted in the database.
- Item passwords are now masked. A button permits to hide/show them in clear text.
- Started a “cron activity” in order to permit in the next releases to launch some scripts such as emails sending. In this version, a new option permits to send an email to Administrators when Users are logged to TeamPass. This is still in “beta” due to some difficulties to manage all emails configuration cases.
- Improvements have been done on “Restricted to” functionality.
- For big list of items in folders, the loading strategy has changed. Now the full list is loaded by package of items until the last item is loaded.
- Some other bugs correction and code improvements.
Now on Github
With this release and due to the new GPL Affero license, TeamPass source code is now manage under Github.
The TeamPass repository is https://github.com/nilsteampassnet/TeamPass.
Hopefully this will permit a better “opening” of TeamPass and a faster improvement of the functionality. You are welcome to join and fork the source code!
As usual since I’ve started this project, the next release will mainly focus on bugs corrections and new functionality in order to get the closer to the Users.
I will be in contact with the Open Source Initiative (OSI) in order to get an approved license for TeamPass.